“Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies” (Proverbs 31:10).
Today is Mother’s Day and today’s Scripture is the first verse of the Bible’s “Virtuous Woman” passage (Prov. 31:10-31). King Solomon explained that the virtuous woman:
- has a husband who safely trusts in her (Prov. 31:11,12).
- is not lazy, but is strong because she works to feed and clothe her family and herself (Prov. 31:13-19,21,22,24,25,27).
- pities the poor and needy (Prov. 31:20).
- has a husband who is well-known because of her godly lifestyle (Prov. 31:23).
- opens her mouth with wisdom, and speaks kindly and lovingly (Prov. 31:26).
- has children and a husband who praise her (Prov. 31:28).
- excels in what she does (Prov. 31:29).
- has works that praise her (Prov. 31:31).
Prov. 31:30 explains the virtuous woman is “a woman that feareth the LORD.”
The Apostle Paul wrote that godly women should: not slander/gossip, not be controlled by alcohol and emotions (sober minded), be teachers of good things, love their husbands and children, be cautious and modest, maintain the home, be “good,” and should obey (respect) their husbands… “that the word of God be not blasphemed” (Titus 2:3-5). A Christian woman, especially a mother, should be a virtuous woman in beliefs as well as in deed. She needs to set an example for her children (especially her daughters).
A Christian woman and/or Christian mother places her faith in this sound Bible doctrine, the indwelling Holy Spirit will then take that doctrine and transform her for God’s glory (1 Thes. 2:13). Her mind will be renewed by sound Bible doctrine, and that will transform her outward activity (Rom. 12:1,2).
Are you a Christian woman or Christian mother who desires to be the woman God intends you to be in Christ Jesus? Place your faith in this sound Bible doctrine, and God will take care of the rest!
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY TO OUR READERS WHO ARE MOTHERS! source